In a disorienting world, with obstacle after obstacle, and the landscape of our lives shifting in ways we never expected, we can trust that as we look to our Maker, the WayMaker, our road will lead us to arrive exactly where we always hoped it would, though maybe not at all in the way we imagined. And those dreams for our lives? They can still happen--in ways only He perfectly dreamed of.
It is true: heartache, grief, suffering, obstacles, they all come in waves. There is no controlling life's storms; there is only learning the way to walk through the waves. In Waymaker, bestselling author Ann Voskamp hands us a map that makes meaning of life, that shows the way through to the places we've only dreamed of reaching, by a way we never expected. Voskamp reveals how God is present in the totality of our lives, making a way:
- for the marriage that seems impossible
- for the woman who longs for a child of her own
- for the parents who ache for the return of their prodigal
- for the sojourner caught between a rock and a hard place
- for the wayfarer who feels as though there is no way through to her dreams
We can encounter the WayMaker in surprising ways and begin to see Him not only making poetry out of pain but working in every miraculous detail of our lives. Even now, the Way is making the way to walk through waves and into a life more deeply fulfilling than our wildest dreams.